Friday 9 March 2012

Bless the Broken Road

Bless the Broken Road - Rascal Flatts (link to song)

Belting into my ears, a dash of country tune-ish song, Bless The Broken Road, slowly radiated through my thick skull, kicking me into a deep-thinking gear as I ironed on my continued efforts at jogging.

Boy, it's been awhile since I have done that, the thinking, not the jogging. Wait, actually, it's both, but more focused to the thinking aspect. :P

That God bless the broken road and let me straight to you. 


Now, allow me to stop you right there. Please, pay less attention to the 'and let me straight to you' part.
No, this is not a lovey-dovey post, it's more to what will happen next if you would allow me to go on with YOUR MIND still neutral and not engaged in an 'Aik-Aik' / 'Emo' ....etc mode.

Now, that we have cleared that, hopefully, you may proceed to the next section. :)

That God bless the broken road


The broken road...


Being human beings, we tend to complain, directly or indirectly, about our lives too much and almost, all the time!

HOMEWORK, Y DO YOU GIVE ME SO MUCH TROUBLE?
EXAMS, Y R U ALWAYS THERE?
LIFE, Y R U NOT FAIR TO US?
BRAIN, Y U MAKING CARELESS MISTAKES?
BRAIN, Y U.........

GOD, Y U LET THIS HAPPEN?

Y U LET ME WALK A BROKEN ROAD?




Sound familiar?
No matter where we are, who we are or what we do, there will always be something that we will complain or get depressed about.
And who gets the blame always?
God.

When all seems to fall apart, piece by piece, or chunk by chunk, most of us would respond in a negative way, blaming God among other things.

Yet, the question is, should we?

If I were to place a glass of water in front of you, how would you describe it?

A glass half-empty?
A glass half-filled?

Well, frankly, most people would say the first.
Modern society has been influenced too much by negativity these days, condemning, influencing people to the dark  pessimistic side.

Why should we?
Why choose a path of probable sorrow and pain?

Why not choose the glass half-filled?
There's always a silver lining behind every cloud.

THERE IS ALWAYS A REASON BEHIND EVERY BAD THING.
It's just up to us to open our eyes and see it.

Bad results? - God is telling you to work harder and stop slacking!
Internet down? - God is telling you to spend more time in the real life and with real family and friends?
Broke up? - God is telling you that there is someone better that He has planned for YOU.
Scolded by people, especially elders? - God is telling you to change for the better.

A broken road? - God is moulding a better life for you,

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes He did

You see, there is no such thing as mistakes.
These so-called 'mistakes' are just stepping stones God had planned to further strengthen and mature you.

And yeah, maybe, who knows, He is also leading you to the perfect one in the process? :P



So, if something bad happens to you next, just stop right there, don't curse but think.

What could God be telling me?


                                             Credits : Google Images xlaylarrrawrx.deviantart.com-




No comments:

Post a Comment